(Glutinous Rice Ball in Coconut Milk)
Filipino snack or dessert using glutinous rice flour to make a rice ball
dumplings and cook with coconut milk and mix with tapioca pearl, yam, sugar
and other fruits like ripe Jackfruit and banana.
- 1 large sweet potatoes, peeled and cubed
- 250 grms canned jackfruit (langka), sliced
- 3 ripe banana plantain
- 1/2 cup cooked tapioca pearls or sago
- 1 can (400ml) coconut milk
- 1 can (560ml) coconut cream
- 1/2 cup white sugar
- Dumplings: 1 cup glutinous rice flour 1/2 cup water
- In a large saucepan, pour in coconut milk, add in the sugar and pandan flavor stir and bring to boil.
- Lower the heat into medium and add in the sweet potatoes cubes and and banana simmer for 5 minutes.
- Add rice balls and keep on stirring to prevent them from sticking to each other. rice balls will float once they are cooked .
- Add Tapioca pearl (sago) and last is the ripe jackfruit.
- When the rice ball turns silky soft, add the coconut crean, simmer for 2-3 mins and serve.
- Combine the glutinous rice flour and water together.
- Mix till well combine and has a consistency of soft play dough.
- Take a small bit of dough and place in the centre of your left palm and with your right palm over on top, gently rotate your right hand clockwise. Shape into balls measuring ¼ inch in diameter .