Made from glutinous rice and rice flour, cooked in coconut milk and brown sugar.
Filled with coconut curd and wrapped in banana leaves.
- 2 Cups glutinous rice flour
- 1 Cup rice flour
- 1 Can coconut milk
- 1 Cup sugar
- Banana leaves
- Pour coconut milk in a deep pan, bring to a boil and simmer over low heat.
- When curds starts to form, scrape sides and bottom of the pan, to prevent from burning.
- Cook and stir until curds turn golden brown.
- Drain curds from the oil and set aside.
- Pour coconut milk and sugar in a deep pan, stir until sugar are completely dissolved.
- Add the glutinous and rice flour. stirring constantly until completely dissolve.
- Cook over medium fire, keep stirring until it thickens and smooth.
- Turn the heat off and set aside to cool.
- Brush banana leaves with coconut oil.
- Scoop 2 spoonful of mixture and lay it flat on the center of the leaves.
- Top with coconut curd, fold the cooked flour mixture to hide the fillings.
- Roll the banana leaf to wrap the mixture, and fold both ends to seal.
- Arrange the wrapped suman on the steamer, cover and steam for 30 minutes.
Watch Video :