A simple rice cakes made with rice flour, sugar and coconut milk, and bake in a metal mould line with banana leaves.
- 3 Cups rice flour
- 11/2 Tablespoon baking powder
- 1 Cup brown sugar
- 3 Eggs
- 3 Cups coconut milk
- 1 1/2 Teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 Teaspoon salt
- In a large mixing bowl combine flour, baking powder, salt and brown sugar. Whisk together and set aside.
- Put eggs in a separate bowl, add vanilla extract and coconut milk, beat with a whisk.
- Pour the flour mixture over the coconut milk mixture. Fold with a whisk until smooth and free of lumps.
- Pour batter into the banana leaf lined baking mould or pan.
- Bake in a pre-heated oven at 400°F for 30 minutes.
- Insert toothpick in the center and make sure it comes out dry.
- For better result, try using fresh coconut milk instead of the canned coconut milk.
- For a light crusty top, Turn on the broiler during the last few minutes of baking.
- Do not overbeat the batter.
Watch cooking video: